Not Yet? Then for what reasons are you waiting.
Start to register yourself under GST.
Any supplier who carries on any business at any place in India whose aggregate turnover exceeds threshold limit as prescribed in a year is liable to get himself registered. However, certain categories of persons mentioned in Schedule III of MGL are liable to be registered irrespective of this threshold. An agriculturist shall not be considered as a taxable person and shall not be liable to take registration. (As per section 9 (1))
Aggregate turnover requirement for GST registration is as below:
|North East India||Rs 5 Lakhs|
|Rest of India||Rs 10 Lakhs|
Which are the cases in which registration is compulsory?
The following categories of persons shall be required to be registered compulsorily irrespective of the threshold limit:
- a) Persons making any inter-State taxable supply;
- b) Casual taxable persons;
- c) Persons who are required to pay tax under reverse charge;
- d) Non-resident taxable persons;
- e) Persons who are required to deduct tax under section 37;
- f) Persons who supply goods and/or services on behalf of other registered taxable persons whether as an agent or otherwise;
- g) input service distributor;
- h) Persons who supply goods and/or services, other than branded services, through electronic commerce operator;
- i) Every electronic commerce operator;
- j) An aggregator who supplies services under his brand name or his trade name;
- k) Such other person or class of persons as may be notified by the Central Government or a State Government on the recommendations of the Council.
What is advantage of taking registration in GST?
Registration under Goods and Service Tax (GST) regime will confer following advantages to the business:
- Legally recognized as supplier of goods or services.
- Proper accounting of taxes paid on the input goods or services which can be utilized for payment of GST due on supply of goods or services or both by the business.
- Legally authorized to collect tax from his purchasers and pass on the credit of the taxes paid on the goods or services supplied to purchasers or recipients.
- A person without GST registration can neither collect GST from his customers nor claim any input tax credit of GST paid by him.
Steps to be followed for New GST Registration :-
Step 1 – Every Existing Taxpayer require to Visit on GST Registration Portal By Using Following link https://www.gst.gov.in/
Step 2 – Now Please Click on “New User Login” and then select the check box to confirm the Terms and press continue
Step 3 – Enter Provisional ID, Temporary Password & Captcha Received from your VAT Department and then press “LOGIN”
Step 4 – Enter Email ID, Mobile number and click Continue
Step 5 – OTP’s will be sent to your Email ID & Mobile no. Please Enter the OTP’s to the correspondent fields and Click Continue
Step 6 – GST Login credentials created successfully now visit again on GST Portal and then click on “Exiting User Login” and Re-enter with your login credentials
Step 7 – Enter Username and password for the login
Step 8 – Enter Security Answers which will help you to reset the password incase if you forget your current password
Please Follow Below Procedure for Further Instruction
Step 9 – Fill all Require Details; upload Require Documents and Click Save & Continue
Step 10 – Fill the Details of Proprietors/Partners of your Firm
Step 12 – Fill the all other require Details, Upload the related documents and Click Save & Continue
Step 13 – Fill the Complete Details of Authorized Signatory
Step 14 – Enter Details, upload documents and Click Save & Continue
Step 15 – Fill The Details of Principal place of business
Step 16 – Enter Commodity Details and Save & Continue
NOTE: In case you do not know the HSN Code: In the Search HSN Chapter by Name or Code field, type the matching character and from the displayed HSN Chapter list, scroll and select the appropriate HSN code.
Step 17 – Fill the Details of Bank account and upload document
Step 18 – Click Verification checkbox and submit with DSC
Note: Digitally signing using DSC is mandatory in case of LLP and Companies
Click the SUBMIT button to save the updated information and documents.
Step 19 – Click Proceed
(Note: Make sure your DSC dongle is inserted in your laptop/ desktop)
Step 20 – Click Sign from the Pop-up window
Step 21 – Note: To view the details of your DSC, click the View Certificate button.
Step 22 – On successful submission it will show message on screen.
Your GST registration will be completed.